Capable of providing reliable data in a matter of minutes compared to the years that may be required by in-use testing, the Taber Abraser rapidly became the world standard for evaluating abrasion resistance.
Since its inception, the Taber Abraser has been used for quality & process control, research & development and material evaluation. Used to test a wide spectrum of materials, the instrument has been referenced in numerous standards and specifications (including plastics, coatings, laminates, leather, paper, ceramics, carpeting, safety glazing and more).
The sample is fastened onto a turntable rotating at constant speed whilst driving 2 abrasive wheels. The results vary according to the load applied and the wheels used - they range from mild to coarse abrasion, and are made of felt, rubber, sand paper, vitrified clay, or tungsten carbide.
- Platform speeds 60 and 72 rpm
- Quick release wheel hub
- Balanced, calibrated arms and wheel mounts
- Vacuum system with precision height adjustment
- Rugged aluminum housing
- Membrane control panel with digital display
- Precision stainless steel weights
Various optional accessories to extend test fields available on request:
- Abrading wheels - Grit Feeder allows specific test by feeding and removing aluminium oxide grit onto the sample.
- Multi-media attachment: recreates wear caused by liquids, fluids and powder, to evaluate abrasivity of materials e.g. paints, pigments, adhesives, pastes, etc.
- Specific specimen holders
- Wheel refacer: to dress the contact surfaces of wheels
- Calibration kit: to verify operating parameters including arm alignment, wheel tracking, vacuum suction force
Complies to numerous ASTM, CCC, DIN, EN, ISO, JIS, MIL, NF, SAE, SIS, TAPPI, UNE standards.
Taber Abrading Wheels
An essential component of conducting "Taber wear tests" is the type of abrasive wheel that is used. Sheen offers standardized grades of Genuine Taber abrasive wheels, engineered for a variety of specific applications. The wheels are a proprietary formulation so the binder material breaks down during use, exposing and creating a new abrading surface.
Contact Sheen for variants and more information.
Product suceeded by TQCSHEEN TABER Abraser
Get a quotation
|SKU||Name||Add to quote|
|SH5135||Taber Rotary Abraser Single Head (230/110V, 50/60Hz)|
|SH5155||Taber Rotary Abraser Dual Head (230/110V, 50/60Hz)|
|SH5535||Taber Multi-media Abraser, single head|
|SH5555||Taber Multi-media rotary Abraser, dual head|
|SH5556||Taber Multi-media Abraser, dual head|
To request a quotation please click the "Add to quote" button next to each product you require.
Then select the "View and send my quotation" button above or at the top to review and send your quotation.
If you cannot find the product you are looking for, or have an additional request for a product please fill in our enquiry form.